Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Artistic Interpretations #3 - "Moonlight Sailing"


Welcome to Artistic Interpretations.  Above is a vintage postcard I own entitled "Moonlight Sailing" ... of Dewey Beach, Rehoboth Bay, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.

You may interpret this image in any artistic way that pleases you.  Poetry, Prose, Drawing, Painting, Quilting, Photography, Junk Journaling, etc.

One may link work that has already been done, an old poem, perhaps a poem reworked, a sketch from a few years ago.  I like to celebrate work that has been done (but it must relate to the theme)

Of course, new work inspired by this image is highly regarded as well!  I prefer new, but we all have pieces we would like to share again, so please do.

There are three requirements.

1)  Link your specific blog post to Mr. Linky (NOT your blog itself).

2)  Please link this challenge at the bottom of your blog post.

3)   Please visit and comment on the other entries.  This challenge will remain open until April 15 (noon) and the next challenge will be posted April 15th.   Be sure to check back throughout the two weeks this prompt remains open in order to give support to those who link up later.

Thank you, and I look forward to your Artistic Interpretations.  If you have any questions, please leave them in the Comments below.


2 comments:

  1. This is a pretty card, Margaret. I've been to Delawsre back in the 80's but we missed this (I've been to all 50 but some I don't remember well. Generally I remember the occasion and trip of the far away ones, West Virginia was both our last to be reached, the way to Scotland via NYC and Ireland.
    I was reminded of some places I've been and have pictures of some seaside places.
    I wrote of a make believe social distancing morning. Sorry to be so late, I've used various NaPoWriMo prompts and was saving this for a time I didn't feel like using one. I will write with the daily walk items collected for today soon.
    Having missed Mr. Linky cutoff here is my link for pasting,
    https://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2020/04/naplpowrimo-2020-poem-morning-at-pier.html?m=1
    Thank you for having us, I hope word will spread faster. I have always enjoyed writing for art inspired stories.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim - I hopped over and read your "wish washed" :) poem. Thank you.

      Delete